Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A new way of thinking

Well summer is about half way done and I have not finished much on my list. That is okay because I still have a month to finish things. Packing is going well and my goal next week is to have the bathrooms, linen closet, and the china packed. You might be questioning my bathroom and linen closet idea but like most people, I have stuff under the bathroom sink that I do not use or even know I have. The idea with the linen closet is I do not need to have all my sheets, blankets, and towels unpacked.

On the advice of a good friend, I am going to try to learn some new things. I might take up fishing but putting the worm on the hook makes me squirmy so that might be out. I think I am going to start a book club. I think that would be a good start because I do LOVE to read. Therefore, a book club could encompass one of my passions. So, if you want to become a member of a book club let me know. I would like to start by reading my favorite book The Help.

This same friend reminded me that anything a boys can do girls can do. (I will add better.) I am a little old fashioned with this idea. Not that girls cannot do whatever boys can do but I do think there are boy jobs and girl jobs. I am also going to learn in the next few months how to take beds apart and put them back together. That will give me a little independence. Putting beds together is a boy's job. Now, I will have to rethink my idea and make it a girl's job. I am still nervous but I know if I need help I have the support of friends and family.

Well I had better get my jobs done for the night so I can start my new book, The Last Templar. I would be remiss if I did not thank my friends and family for all of their support. I am truly blessed to have you in my life and the lives of my kids. I am going to try to add some sprinkles to my vanilla! This will help me find who Flo is again.

1 comment:

NancyMams said...

Learning new things, whether we like it or not--Lots of love & support to you as you experience the new Flo!!, Nancy P