Thursday, January 19, 2017

Letter to our President Elect

Dear President Elect Trump,

                As you are getting sworn in tomorrow, I wanted to write you a letter.  First, I did not vote for you or your opponent.  I did vote, as I was taught many years ago voting was one of the most important duties we have as Americans.  I felt like the presidency of the United States was above both of you.  Like most of America, I was shocked that you were elected.   Now, that you are going to be President of the United States I need to tell you what I need.

                I need a leader, I need a Lincoln, either Roosevelt, a Kennedy, a Reagan, or most importantly a Washington.  I need someone that will bring the country together like President Lincoln did during his time.  I need you to speak to the entire country like Kennedy, Reagan, and Franklin Roosevelt, during their times.  I need you to be like Teddy strong enough to handle any problems even when you are feeling down or shot like he was.  I need you to be like Washington and understand that country is more important the office and more important than you. 

                I want you to know I will support you just like I have with all presidents before you.  I might not have always agreed with the past US Presidents, but I have always supported them.  I do think that no matter what the President of the United States deserves respect and support.  I pray that you will be successful.  I pray that our country will become more together than farther apart.  I will pray that God will continue to bless our great nation. 

Sincerely,

Florence Fallis 

No comments: