Sunday, August 14, 2011

A New School Year

Well school officially starts tomorrow. Teachers went back last week so it will be my second week of work. This school year is going to be different from other years. This will be my first year as a single mom. I think this will bring an understanding that I have not had in years past to other single parents. I also will also work with my partner in crime at the after school program. That will give me a few extra dollars a month.

Tyler is a senior this year and I cannot believe that this is his last year in high school. It seems like yesterday I was signing him up for kindergarten. He has been very lucky to have wonderful teachers along the way. He has grown up into a handsome young man and I am very proud of the person he has become.

Katie is a sophomore and has grown into a beautiful young woman. The advantage she has over her classmates is her determination. She works very hard and every grade she receives she earns. This will help her go farther than most of her classmates. I am very proud of her strong testimony and love for our Savior Jesus Christ.

Noelle or Steve as she is known at school will start the intermediate level at school. For those of you that are not familiar with Telesis she will be in fourth grade. She is nervous because there are new teachers and she is not good with change. I know she will do fine as long as she can stay focused. Steve is a good girl and wants to choose the right.

I have been so blessed by the love of my Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. My family and friends have been my rocks. I am humbled by the love and support of others. As another school year starts, I hope that my children will remember what they were told today during their Priesthood Blessings. I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life. As I sign off I hope everyone has a wonderful school year!

No comments: