Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Moving Forward

Boy a lot can change in a few weeks. In a few weeks, school will be out and many of us will be going on vacation. (I know for some of my Havasu friends the last day is tomorrow but I have a few weeks left) I love summer time because it is time for all teachers to have some much deserved R and R. My teacher friends will veg for a few weeks but then they will be busy planning for next school year. I myself will be packing.
I hate moving I have moved 2 times in 15 years and at the beginning of the school year will be moving again. While the moving part is scary to me, the being on my own is worse. I do not know how to do a lot of stuff. I can teach children the three R's but I do not know how to take a bed apart, reconnect wires to electronics, and basic other stuff. I never learned. I never need to know these things. Every time I have moved, I have packed the majority of the boxes but the other part was Jason's job.
I know another reason I am nervous is finding a place on my own. Again, this has always been a team effort but now I am athletic director and coach. I worry about having saved enough money to move into a new place and being able to live on a tight budget. These are normal worries to most people but I feel very overwhelmed. I know that the actual moving day will not be a problem. I know that I have friends that will take care of the hard labor. I worry about that first night of being in my own place.
I am scared but excited to start on this new adventure. I am sure that I will learn a lot about things I did not know. I am lucky that Tyler and his friends will help because I know they can figure out where all the wires go. I am sad I will lose my house but Tyler keeps reminding me it is not anything more than a house. We will be able to find a new home.
If you know of a good rental let me know. I do not want to spend more than $800.00 a month. I would like to eat and pay for electricity.

2 comments:

momof2girls said...

Let me know if you need any help? Michael & Mike are great at reconnecting wires.
P.S. Look for a house in our ward please! I miss having you there.

Judy said...

Tyler is right a house is a house, but a home is where family and love is! I will keep my eyes out for a rental, and PlEASE let me know if you need any help. I also have a truck if needed...and I'm pretty handy figuring stuff out (or spending the night if there are monsters under your bed) xxoo :)