Monday, May 9, 2011

A New Chapter

This year has been tough for the Fallis family. We have dealt with a great deal in five short months. I have been contemplating the changes and the effects on the kids. All of our lives are chapters in a book. Some of the chapters are long others are short. Some are happy chapters and some are full of tragedy. I have had both in my life but the chapter that is dated 2011 has been one of happiness and tragedy.
Saturday Noelle checked the mail and there was the paperwork about the final date of my marriage. I was not surprised to get it, just taken back. I cried and thought I was crazy for doing so. I am a big girl and I need to act like an adult. It wasn’t until a friend reminded me that this means this chapter in my life is coming to an end.
Like a book this is a short chapter in this long section of my book. This section has been a happy one full of the births of my three beautiful children who I love more than anything. There has been some sad times but mostly happy. I have enjoyed being married and I am grateful for those experiences. One sad chapter cannot take away that entire section.
You might ask why and to be honest I don’t want to share. It was not because of any wrong doing on either part. The kids are doing well and they haven’t changed their behavior. I am lucky to say that the divorce has been sad but Jason and I have tried to remain civil. I know that sometimes this has been hard but, it has been necessary. I learned a few things from my parents’ divorce and one was the kids are the only people that get hurt when you are mean to each other. One thing I have tried to hold my head high and smile. This has not always been easy but it has been helpful.
I have been extremely blessed to have my education where I can teach. I have also had to rely on our Father in Heaven to help me know what to do. It is hard when the person that you consulted on decisions no longer there.
In the end I want to say this section of the book is not going to need a rewrite. It is fine the way it is. I have been blessed to have been married to someone that completed my bucket list. I wanted to be a mom and a teacher I have been able to do both.
I am looking forward to the new section and chapters in my book. I hope that there is more happiness than sadness. Hopefully there will times of health not sickness. I know one thing that will be in this chapter a mother’s love for her children.

2 comments:

Kandlelady said...

Boy you can tell you are a teacher because that could have not been more eloquently written. I am truly blessed to have had you as a friend for nearly a decade.. Hmm Only one thing has not changed.. We still look so young.. LOL Your future can only be bright with your fantastic children and wonderful spirit. Sending Many Blessings your way..
Love Your Dear Friend,
Shannon

Judy said...

Awesome job Flo! I couldn't have said it better myself. Chin Up! and keep the faith.

Judy